Collection of Information
We will use data encryption systems as we judge appropriate for the collection of your personal information over the internet, based on the type of information being collected. Unfortunately no security measures are 100% secure and it is possible that others may intercept the information you are sending. Any personal data we receive from you will not be disclosed to any third party except as provided herein, as notified to you at the time of collection, or with your prior consent. We do not rent, trade or sell information gathered online for commercial purposes.
When you visit one of our websites, we may send you a cookie. A cookie is a small file that can be placed on your computer's hard disk for record keeping purposes. We may use these to do a number of things such as help us to recognize you when you next visit one of our websites and present the information displayed to you or compile anonymous statistics related to the take up or use of services or patterns of browsing. A third party collects such data on our behalf to measure web site performance. Information collected is aggregated for reporting purposes. No personally identifiable information is collected by this service. The use of this service assists us in measuring and improving the structure and ease of use of our web sites.
We may also collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration.
Uses made of Data
We may use data held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- to notify you about changes to our services or products.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We value all data received and do our best to maintain its privacy. Except with your prior consent or as required by law, we will not transfer or disclose your personal data to any third party except as stated below:
- our subsidiaries, associated companies and/or business associations;
- any personnel, agent, adviser, auditor, contractor or service provider who provides services or advice to us in connection with our operations insofar as required to enable us to provide, or assist us in providing, the services you have requested;
- any person under a duty of confidentiality to us; and
- any person to whom we are required to make disclosure under any law or court order applicable in or outside Hong Kong.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or at any time by contacting us by email to [email@example.com].
You are also entitled to access personal data we hold about you and, if applicable, to correct or update it. You may do so by e-mail to the same address as set out above.
Third Party Links